You have no items in your shopping cart.
Understand the IT lingo in plain and simple terms!
Are you being daunted by the 101 definitions, abbreviations and buzzwords in this ECDL module?
Concepts of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) requires the candidate to understand the main concepts of ICT at a general level, and to know about the different parts of a computer.
The candidate shall be able to:
- Understand what hardware is, know about factors that affect computer performance and know about peripheral devices.
- Understand what software is and give examples of common applications software and operating system software.
- Understand how information networks are used within computing, and be aware of the different options to connect to the Internet.
- Understand what Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is and give examples of its practical applications in everyday life.
- Understand health and safety and environmental issues in relation to using computers.
- Recognize important security issues associated with using computers.
- Recognize important legal issues in relation to copyright and data protection associated with using computers.
Training conforms to latest ECDL Syllabus v5. Download Module 1 full course syllabus here.
Extensive in-depth coverage of this theoretical module in a multi-media approach to ensure effective learning to succeed in your ECDL Certification exam.
Beginners to Using Computers
|Course Duration||~ 8 hours (varies depending on module, spread over 2 weeks)|
Training by Expert Certified Trainer